Sunday, July 26, 2009

another rainy day

ok, so I already complained on my other blog about the weather so I'm not going to go on any more about the whole thing.

I managed to get the front gardens weeded and tidied up yesterday which was great. Barry finally was able to empty the pond, clean it out and re-fill it. It's amazing how much brighter the lights are now. We've gotta pop into our local nursery though to either get a few plants or some algaecide.

I'm hoping to weed one section of our back garden 'cause it is atrocious! the weeds are as tall as the Rose of Sharon shrubs. Which is about 5 feet or so. I might actually have time and inclination the next couple of nights to work on the gardens. I think we were so rushed for so long that I've lost a lot of my motivation. I went out yesterday for a few minutes and came in 2 hours later. I'd love to just spend like an house weeding and primping instead of days on end. It's REALLY hard for me to stop sometimes once I've started working outside.

BTW - my sister and her daughter are going to be at the Collingwood Outdoor Art Festival next weekend (Aug 1st and 2nd). If you're in the area, pop in to see them at Beauty by the Bead. Oddly enough, their website is www.beautybythebead.ca . Go figure. Awesome one-of-a-kind, handcrafted jewellery. Needless to say, I'm a pretty good customer. LOL

I should run, get some stuff done instead of sitting on my rear all day.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment