Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bad garden mommy

I have a confession to make. I was supposed to water the window boxes and the hanging baskets that are under the carport. I didn't. Such a bad mommy. And it's supposed to rain for the next couple of days. Unfortunately they won't get any water so I'll probably be out there in the rain watering my plants ... go figure.

I do have sad news though. Our first fatality. I found a bird face planted in our pond. I don't know if he fell in and couldn't get out or if a cat got him (we have several strays, and not so stray) running around the neighbourhood. It was very sad. So I left the bird until Barry got home. He gets all the stinky (cleans cat litters), smelly (same thing I guess), yucky (cat yak), icky (general catch-all) jobs. Then one of the cats (I think it was Mandy - our senior cat) left us poopies (not puppies Kandi LOL) in the gym. First time that's happened. I don't expect she's going to be around for a lot longer. If she weighs 4 pounds I'd be surprised. And she's 16 or so.

On a happier note, the gardens are looking great (thanks Tony ... can't wait for you and Cara to see them) and yes, Barry, we're almost done.

Gotta get my beauty rest. I might actually get my blog entries done before 9 pm tomorrow. That would be good.....

1 comment: