Monday, May 4, 2009

it only takes an hour ....

So I got home tonight, quickly got changed, grabbed a small bowl of fruit salad and some water and off I went outside. Started knocking the soil off the thyme. Would've been done in about another 20 minutes or so but it was 7 pm and we will had to eat so I thought better of it.

I'm trying to get the gardens ready as quickly as possible for a few reasons. My in-laws are coming for brunch for Mother's Day and I really don't want a total disaster. I should be able to get the paths completely dug up and flattened. I won't re-plant until after we get the gravel mulch in around the deck. I can't wait to see it. And with the water feature working. I promised Barry we wouldn't be working our fannies off this summer. 2006 was renovations. 2007 was my surgery so he had to take care of me and the gardens went all to hell 'cause I couldn't do much. 2008 was the deck. so 2009 ... party central... friends, family, neighbours ... hope to see you all at our place. LOL Plus, it's my tribute to my mom. It's my first Mother's Day without her. So if you still have your Mom, no matter how much of a pain in the rear she is at times, don't take her for granted.

Only 4 days of work left this week, 5 days next, then I'm off for a week! YAY! Lots of planting planned. Barry's got the Monday off for the long weekend and he's taking that Friday off with me too. So we'll spend the next 4 weeks working our fannies off and then sit on them for 3 months. Not really, but we'll be able to spend 2 or 3 hours over latte in the morning without having to get moving to do anything in particular.

Let's hope for good weather, at least 1 or 2 weekdays this week and DEFINITELY the weekend!

Until tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment