Thursday, May 28, 2009

calling Noah!!!!

so we needed some rain. I know there will be days I'm praying for rain, but now for, this can stop. and apparently it's supposed to. it's been raining for the better part of 2 days now. which I realize could be a heck of a lot worse. I hear Australia has gotten its fair share.

You know, this is such a wonderful hobby. How many hobbies are there that are great therapy, keep you active (real gardening is not for the weak), improves the look and value of your home and brings with it a great sense of community. You can start talking to strangers and the next thing you know, you have a new friend.

I was all prepared this morning for my morning commute. I didn't expect to see Kandi and I knew Terri was driving in so I went prepared and armed with a couple of , you guessed it, gardening magazines. Much to my surprise, after I got seated and comfortable, a woman sat across from me, we made eye contact, smiled and somehow got talking about I have no idea what. Next thing I knew, we were chatting about gardening. It seems she's as addicted as I am, except she never gets enough time. She's got a husband, a son 10 and 8 year old twins boys, all of whom are into sports. No wonder she loves gardening. We both had started small, and kept expanding and expanding.

Then I was talking to my girl Jen tonight and she said that she now talks about gardening a LOT .... didn't understand why I did the last few years ... now she knows. In fact, she's got a girlfriend of hers interested in it. She said she went to take her puppy for a pee and ended up outside talking to neighbours for 45 minutes. BTW girlie you gotta move out here soon. My garden's going crazy and I'm going to need somewhere else to put all the "extra" plants. Plus you can make me a latte and we can sit on your deck ... can't wait!

Anyway, gotta run. I can't believe this is our last weekend of work in the garden, then we'll be enjoying.... drop by sometime!

1 comment:

  1. We've had so much rain lately I think I saw some hamsters and ferrets rowing two-by-two in salad bowls on their way to the ark.

    Can't wait 'til the work's done!

    B
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete