Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weeds, weeds, go away ....


And so they have LOL We were able to come home tonight right after work, eat right away, got changed and out weeding for about an hour and a half. Woo hoo! It's amazing how much weeding you can do in 90 minutes and what a difference it makes. And WOW are the plants ever growing! I haven't seen any sign of life in the ostrich ferns but they might be late bloomers. Even the butterfly bush out front and the porcelain vine are showing signs of life. I always question whether I've managed to kill plants or not and somehow I always manage to keep them growing. Talking about growing ... the hops vines. They're up to the deck! That's about 15 inches within 2 weeks. WOW! I was out front tonight, the sun was shining, it was mild (not hot but about 15 and sunny) and I was just looking around the neighbourhood at all the green grass (YAY! It's about time) and the flowers are growing like crazy, I'm going to have to mow the lawn soon but I still have to get the blade sharpened ... anyway, the forsythia shrub (some shrub, it's as tall as my house) was glowing in the sunshine, and man, it felt great to be alive! Of course getting the good news yesterday helped as well, but I am one very happy camper.


Time's marching on and of course getting away from me as usual. So I leave you with an introduction to Mandy....it's not the picture I was looking for but it's not bad. One of my many projects for the summer is to sit on the deck and sort out the hundreds of pictures that are on my laptop. Yeesh. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment